Monday, June 9, 2008

Brazil – An Adventure Extraordinaire - July 02, 2007

I leave tomorrow for Brazil. I cannot believe that it is here. It seemed so far away and there were so many events that were to take place before this trip. But they have all passed and I am here, at the doorway to another adventure. I've been thinking about where I was one year ago. On July 3, 2006 I was just arriving back in Bristol from my 3 week trip to Syria and Lebanon. I had a couple of weeks left in England before heading back to the States. I remember joking around on Independence Day that I couldn't celebrate it till July 21 – because only then would I be free of the British. =) I will be spending another 4th out of the country. It's not the end of the world, but I think I will enjoy celebrating it next year (if I'm in the country). I love the fireworks and BBQ's and time to rest.

I think I caught a virus while I was in England. A virus known as the travel bug. Ever since, I have wanted to go everywhere and experience different cultures and people. I think for so long I was a bit afraid of differences. But the more different people I come across, the more I want to meet. I don't quite know what to expect on this trip. And that is, at the same time, scary but also exciting and liberating.

So, off I go (with Jesus by my side)! I love you all and can't wait to share pictures and stories when I get back.

Thanks for your prayers and well-wishes,
Jenny

Places I want to visit in the future (in no particular order):
-New Zealand
-Japan
-South Africa
-Spain
-Boston
-Washington, DC
-Thailand
-All of Europe
-Chicago
And the list could go on and on.

No comments: