Monday, June 9, 2008

Caught in the Gaze - February 9, 2006

Yesterday I was at this amazing retreat center in the country. I was walking along a stream, looking down at the peaceful trickly of water, when I looked up and was caught in the gaze of a horse. He was across the stream and just staring at me. I don't know quite how to describe my feelings, but I knew my life would never be the same.

A bit later on I saw a duck with the craziest hair do ever. I'm talking Flock of Seagulls. I just wish I had a picture.

And the icing on the cake happened just as we were leaving. My friend Sofie and I wanted to get a picture next to a couple of goats that were chained up and I thought, why not serenade them with my guitar? So, I started playing (Kelly Clarkson, Since You've Been Gone - that song's so cheezy) and the goat approached me - I think he wanted to chew on the guitar strings. We did take pictures, but I don't think we got any of when the goat was really close. Or maybe he was intoxicated by the sounds of angry female pop rock.

No comments: